Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Author Time!!


I have such an amazing crew of writers! They have been working really hard on writing interesting stories that are full of juicy details to draw in the reader.

The kids get special moments to share their work with Miss. Pickett. I love hearing all the great ideas that the kids create. Their sense of creativity is sure growing.

Here is an example of a very special gals writing. In this story, the kids had to write about discovering a secret door in a basement and through the door they enter a mystery world.

This amazing writer uses expressive details and lots of juicy words to jazz up her writing!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It all started one rainy afternoon. Jack and I were playing video games. Suddenly, my witch-like Auntie called out. "Oh, Cody dear..." she cooed, "please go down to the basement and grab the potatoes." I cringed! Whenever my auntie needed something from me, things would always go so bad. So I slouched down the old hallway and opened the basement door. But there was something different about the basement. The railing was dusty and greasy. There was an old, crinkled rug on the floor. And there were cobwebs EVERYWHERE! I slowly walked down the moist stairs. The stairs cracked under my weight. My right hand shivered as the old railing sent slivers up my skin. I could smell rotten smoke and old food. I heard the basement door open, "What's taking you so long?"Jack asked. "Look at this," I whispered. "A door." "A door? A door? What's so great about a door!" Jack cried, "C'mon, Let's go play!!!"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment