Tuesday, April 27, 2010

SPECTACULAR AUTHOR!

The kids have been working hard on creating SUSPENSE in their writing. Here is a great example of a suspense paragraph!

OUSTANDING AUTHOR: LAUREN
Shadows were all over the foggy, dark forest. Crackling sounds covered the bitter forest. SNAP! Dusty twigs covered the ground. The whispering trees said.."you're in DANGER!" The voice faded away in the wind. Heavy breathing crossed my path with mist that lead into a dark path. Paw prints were on the darkest path in the forest. My body quivered as adrenaline rushed through my veins. I turned around in a quick body movement. There was fur that covered trees...the dripping sap was filled with dark brown fur. I saw a fish with teeth marks on the misty path. I froze with fright. I was standing face to face with a huge GRIZZLY BEAR. The bear backed away slowly! AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH! I was screaming at the top of my lungs. I bolted down the deep, scary forest and never looked back!
Great job Lauren. I am so proud of the risks you take to make your writing so detailed and fancy! You are a gem and I love reading all your amazing creations! Keep it up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment